Kit Brewing is Maine’s first non-alcoholic craft brewery, offering premium NA beer made with the highest quality ingredients. Kit was founded in 2021 by Rob Barrett of Barrett Made Architecture + Construction and Will Fisher of Austin Street Brewery. It started with a conversation: Rob had removed alcohol from his day-to-day and Will had recently cut back. After sampling the NA market, the pair agreed there was an opportunity to do it better. Six months later, the brewery’s flagship American Blonde was born. “On Your Mark” is the embodiment of Kit’s commitment to making true craft beer without the alcohol – to be enjoyed by everyone on every occasion.
Now distributed in several states and with a new office in Portland, Kit is looking to add a motivated and forward-thinking Director of Sales & Marketing to their growing team. The Director of Sales & Marketing will represent Kit Brewing with external partners while developing and managing the strategy and day-to-day activities of the sales & marketing teams. This position requires frequent travel, high-level sales management experience, a keen sense for successful marketing strategies and the ability to guide a team with multiple KPI’s. This position will be a part of the Kit Brewing leadership team and will participate in leadership meetings.
If you’re a skilled sales & marketing leader, passionate about disrupting the status quo of the brewing industry, and thrive in a startup environment, we look forward to meeting you! This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and shape the sales & marketing strategy of a soon-to-be household brand.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create sales goals and KPIs that ladder up to meet overall business objectives and growth targets
- Design and implement a sales strategy/calendar to reach sales targets, which include product lines, customer demographic analysis, sales forecasts, growth strategies, pricing structure, revenue goals, sales locations, customer retention strategies, advertising avenues, and sales team activities
- Develop, guide, and maintain strong account-specific business relationships with distributors and customers throughout the US and beyond
- Increase sales and brand awareness in the retail market by working closely with external marketing team, internal marketing team, and distributors to create and execute strategies for increased distribution, sales, and growth
- Identify, generate, and negotiate relationships with potential distribution and retail partners
- Prepare weekly and monthly recap reports for leadership team, distributors, and key stakeholders
- Work with Leadership team to create pricing structures and manage forecast and budget process with accountability for execution of forecast
- Lead engagement of distributor support and execution
- Strategize cross-functionally to translate business goals into measurable digital experiences by combining product, sales, marketing, promotion, and technology
- Identify and establish a roadmap for new areas of e-commerce beyond current footprint by analyzing and assessing the effectiveness of existing technology, workflows, and processes
- Build and implement strategies that maximize digital shelf performance
- Collaboratively plan and manage systems architecture and integrations
- Design and build analytical and reporting framework
- Oversee all aspects of the Company’s digital presence, operations, and performance – including website health, UX, content management, engagement, digital advertising, third-party, etc.
- Build and lead a team of digital marketing gurus while providing thought-leadership, innovation, and process optimization across all digital marketing efforts
- Monitor all performance and behavioral metrics while working cross-functionally to pivot strategies, when necessary, and to ensure continuous channel growth and campaign optimization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in the role of a Sales Director/VP of Sales & Marketing in the beverage industry preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in business, management, marketing, or similar field
- 10+ years’ experience successfully selling directly to retail, preferably in the food and/or beverage sectors; experience in craft beer is a plus
- 5+ years of hands-on, successful experience managing and operating e-commerce sites, third party marketplaces, technology, and digital marketing teams
- Proven success in sales forecasting and planning by geography/SKU, over periods of time (month/annual/3YR)
- Outgoing personality that loves engaging with people and building collaborative relationships
- Experience selling at the local and regional level, and selling to chains
- Proven success in leading, overseeing, and developing a team
- Ability to curate strong relationships with key accounts and distributors
- Proven capability to reach decision-makers and quickly determine opportunities
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Ability to travel and visit with distributors and accounts on a regular basis
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills are a must
- Flexibility and a positive, can-do attitude required
- Clean driving record and reliable vehicle required
This position will be responsible for helping to build out the Kit Brewing sales team. This position will have director oversight of the Sales Manager and Marketing Manager. This position is responsible for performance management.
Salary commensurate with experience. Kit Brewing also offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes 401(k) w/ company match, health, dental, and vision insurance, company-paid basic life insurance, and voluntary life & disability insurance. Paid holidays, educational reimbursement, paid volunteer time and a generous paid time off plan!
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Kit provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.