We are looking for an editor to take over production of the MSP Marketing Edge.
what is this?
It is a marketing subscription for MSPs – managed service providers – also known as IT support companies.
Our 650+ members get a ton of marketing materials from us every week and month, which they use to win new clients for their businesses.
We produce two versions of all materials: One for the UK and one for the US.
What exactly will I be doing?
The MSP Marketing Edge has been running for five years and is a mature, stable and growing service.
We have got a solid production process to create lots of materials in many different formats with minimal stress! Our materials are all educational rather than sales-oriented, and include:
- Social media content
- Press release
You will take overall responsibility for the creation and quality of our materials, plus making sure we stick to our production schedule. Our members trust us to get it right first time, and we’re determined not to let them down.
Your role will involve:
- Editing and shaping our writer’s content
- Originating some content
- Approving the designer’s work
- proof reading
- Working with our admin team to drive the weekly and monthly production schedules
- Spotting opportunities and trying out new ideas
Can I see an example of the materials you produce?
Sure. Download this 627Mb file
Do I need experience?
Yes, we will want to see experience of professional journalism and a senior editors role in your background.
Do I need to have a marketing or technology background?
No, although that would be a huge advantage.
The materials we produce are aimed at ordinary business owners and managers (these are the clients our members want to attract).
So you will need to demonstrate you can think like a business owner.
Where will I be working?
- In your house, in your underwear.
- Or at Starbucks (trousers advised).
- This is a flexible, remote role. Most of our team are working parents and everyone is remote. There’s no office.
- So it does not matter where you live or if you work around children or some other commitment. So long as you can easily meet the weekly and monthly production schedules, which are fixed in stone.
- You will definitely need to be available during the UK working day (9am to 5pm) Mondays to Wednesdays.
We will put together the right package for the right person. You can join as staff or work freelance, whichever suits you best.