Apply for this Job
The primary function of the Marketing & Communications Manager (MCM) position is to support the company with various brand-building tasks to better increase brand awareness, demand & market share. Additionally, this position is responsible for developing cost-effective ways of promoting our company brand, products, and services and to be a company expert and spokesperson on what’s new with all things DESTIHL. The MCM will create content and consumer interest and support by developing and maintaining consistent, professional, and on-brand messages and communication which support the mission and goals of our organization.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will lead all projects relating to the company’s marketing strategy and is responsible for collaborating with cross-functional teams and departments to produce useful promotional plans and materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, coordinate and implement all marketing, promotional campaigns, and communication strategies for the company, including but not limited to public relations and marketing, across any and all traditional and modern, social media platforms with a focus on organic, grassroots efforts.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications plans, strategies, and campaigns to increase brand awareness, support, and recognition for the brands, products, services, and organization.
- Coordinate marketing campaigns with our graphic design staff and with local, regional, national, and international sales and distribution activities.
- Oversee and manage the company’s marketing budget.
- Actively seek out and recognize marketing opportunities for content creation and publication of all press releases and press stories relating to the company and its brand(s) while maximizing opportunities for positive PR and mitigating any negative PR.
- Maintain overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity.
- Prepare online, social media, print, radio, and television marketing campaigns.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness and results of marketing communications and campaigns.
- Develop and lead the company’s internal communications strategy to ensure that all relevant company services, products, and functions are known to the operations, office, and sales teams.
- Analyze potential strategic partner relationships and collaborations for company marketing.
- Engage in community outreach (including management and allocation of charitable donations).
- Act as the primary spokesperson for the company for media or press inquiries and coordinate the involvement of other staff as and when needed or appropriate.
- Create relationships, content, and contacts with relevant industry associations, publications, and media.
- Utilize integrated marketing processes by unifying all marketing communication elements for the company, such as public relations, social media, audience analytics, business development principles, and advertising, into an engaging brand identity that remains consistent across distinct media channels.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree with a significant concentration in marketing, communications, integrated marketing strategies, advertising, graphic design, or related field.
- Four (4) years of experience within a similar marketing or communications leadership role.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the craft beer industry, the three-tier distribution system, sales, and key retailers is a plus.
- Prior experience in training, purchasing, overseeing, creating, and managing budgets.
- Strategic thinker that is thorough, possesses strong business acumen and exhibits professionalism.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and communication skills.
- Dynamic public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
- This full-time position and hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5 pm Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Visits to bars, restaurants, distributors, outside markets, and retail accounts
- Occasional travel may be required.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Company credit
Apply for this Job