CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
Pitch and secure music placements for all Concord Frontline and catalog labels. Frontline labels are Concord Records, Loma Vista Recordings, Fantasy Records, Fearless Records and Rounder Records. Catalog labels include but not limited to Stax, Vee-Jay, Specialty, Prestige,Riverside, Concord Jazz, Telarc, Fania, Independiente, Musart, Original Sound, Nitro, Timebomb, Sugar Hill, Vanguard, Kidz Bop and Savoy
Proactively marketing and procuring music placements and licensing opportunities primarily in television & film productions, including (but not limited to) Network TV: FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, cable TV:, CW, Freeform, Viacom, MTV, Paramount TV, premium paid cable stations, Starz, HBO, Showtime and streaming services: Netflix, Amazon, Apple, Disney Plus and Hulu
Pitch and secure music placements for all Concord Music Label Group’s master across all media platforms with a focus on Television. Labels include Concord Records, Fantasy, Stax, Rounder, Fearless, Loma Vista, Easy Eye Sound, Vee-Jay, Specialty, Prestige, Riverside, Concord Jazz, Telarc, Fania, Independiente, Musart, Bicycle Masters, Original Sound, High Tone, Windup, Nitro, and Savoy.
Support SVP and VP in managing client relations and providing excellent customer service to Television Studios, Network music departments and music supervisors.
Work with Label staff and marketing teams to maximize the sync placement impact on artists releases to help drive revenue and move the artist’s career forward.
Maintain relationships with artists and managers to ensure they are kept up to date with status of sync on their releases.
Secure sync placements for frontline artists to help market new releases. Secure placements for all catalog labels. Drive revenue by sync placement for both frontline and catalog releases.
what you’ll do:
- Music Pitching -Pitch frontline and catalog releases to TV and Film music supervisors, TV Network and Cable Music Departments, Film Studio Music Departments, Streaming services.
- Marketing Campaigns – Create marketing ideas for new releases through sync, land sync in timing with album release and focus singles.
- Create goals and targets on each new release for sync placemen
- Meetings and presentations – Outreach to sync clients via in person meetings, album playbacks, arrange showcases and take clients to shows. Maintain own client database and keep up to date.
- Pitch to Brief – Create playlists and send music for incoming pitches for TV and Film project
- Research Industry Projects-All upcoming projects in film, TV through outlets like IMBD, Variety, Hollywood Reporter, and Billboard,. keep updated on all the latest TV and film projects and their music needs. Update TV list with music supervisor
- Sync tracking Keep track of master use placements and pitches for TV and film placements, track air dates for placements and notify label, artist managers and marketing departments at Concord.
- Clearance/Licensing – Respond to incoming sync requests. Research third party artist agreements and publishing splits to ensure the master and publishing is licensable 100%. Understand music budgeting and appropriate licensing fees and be able to handle own quotes back to clients. Communicate with inter-company departments such as A&R, Sales, Streaming and Digital Marketing, Promotions, in order to integrate syncs into marketing plans and agendas. Communicate with our internal Concord Music Publishing and external publishers to ensure smooth and efficient approvals. Inform labels and managers in advance of air dates of sync placementAttend weekly frontline label meetings and represent the sync dept. Be prepared to discuss the status of all latest releases as it relates to syncArtist and Management
- Showcases – Seek out opportunities to showcase Concord’s artists at industry events, office locations or studios, set up Zooms with music depts at the networks, streaming services, film studios to discuss new release
- Attend shows – Represent the sync dept at artist shows, attend with music supervise
- Develop own communication and personal relationships with music supervisors and other members of the sync community. Get to know those through pitching, lunch meetings and social events like showcases, concerts, and conferences, keep contacts up to date.
- Proactive pitching. Think ahead and curate targeted playlists per project. Curate mood playlists. Curate monthly Concord latest & greatest mixes including the focus and priority tracks of the various labels. Highlight remixed tracks, samples, and unreleased material to music supervisors looking for unique and exclusive material. Highlight the most sync friendly tracks from our releases.
what you need:
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar position preferably in the sync community.
- Creative – must be knowledgeable and passionate about music and enthusiastic about advancing artists’ careers.
- Communication Good with people when meeting new business contacts and potential clients. Strong oral and written skills required, This is a job that requires a lot of networking with clients so people skills a must.
- Strong organization skills and time management skills Pitching for sync is extremely busy with multiple requests coming in every day so need to be organized and able to find the right music quickly as some deadlines are one hour. Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Computer – Excellent general computer and internet skills; specific proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and knowledge of PowerPoint, DISCO
- *This is a hybrid role requiring 3 days minimum on-site.
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity match, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company perks. We have beautiful new offices and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.